23 April, 2013

The Place To Be

It is good to be able to share experiences with people in the same situation as me.

One more Tuesday, one more meeting at Lovisenberg, and today it was a little special to go there. I decided I would tell the others about my situation right now. I would also say something about how it is for me to come to Lovisenberg, and a little about how I feel about how the others receive me.


So I sat down and wrote this letter:

Every Monday before I go to bed, the last thing I think about before I fall asleep is that "tomorrow is Tuesday"!
And Tuesday for me is a lucky day, because I'm going to Lovisenberg.
Here to be with all of you good people.

At first I thought a bit whether I was going to continue to go here
for I am like the little girl here, I'm the youngest.

But it did not take many weeks before I found out that this was the best place to be.
Never before have I met so many great and wonderful people,
and never have I experienced so much care and love.

My health has gone up and down in the time I've been here.
When my days have been heavy, you see me,
and you always come with words of comfort and good hugs.

To me, you all mean very much,
and in the future I know I'm going to need you more than ever. 
On Thursday,
which I thought would be a normal day with consulting my physician and another round of chemotherapy,
did not turn out as I had expected.
 
My physician did not have good news for me,
and then I got the brutal message.
Now it stops,
no more treatment,
Now the disease is in charge.

I do not know how long this will take,
But I choose to live each day as best as possible,
and rejoice that I get to be in fairly decent shape.

I wanted to share this with you today because you mean so much to me,
and I know you're there for me and give me the support I need in the future.


It's not easy to be strong when courage fails.
It's not easy to keep your spirits up when the tears will prevail.
It's not easy to look ahead when you do not know.
It is not easy to find comfort in the positive now everything just looks dark.
- But it's good to know that one is not alone. 
Good to know that one does not need to cry alone.
Good to know that one does not always have to be strong.
Good to know that others can look ahead with you.
Good to know that there is someone who can think about you.
Good to know that you have a shoulder to cry on.
- And the most important thing is that there comes a day tomorrow
- A day to enjoy.

I did not manage to read it myself, but an employee read it for me. It was good to get these words said, and I got lots of positive feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment